Well, my parent teacher conferences are done! (Except for 1) Every student that had a time scheduled showed up when they were supposed to, I didn't have any angry parents, I made one parent cry cause her daughter is just so wonderful, and I now have an extra day off. It took a lot of prep for those few hours of conferences and Wed & Thurs were both 12 hour days. But its done! Yippee!!
On Monday and Tuesday, Jennifer took my class for about 30-40- minutes and they did a writing activity. We made a bulletin board out of it and it turned out great! Here's a picture of the finished products. I'm still missing a few of their individual pictures but everything else is done.
Here's another picture of a classroom idea I found on pinterest last weekend. I quickly made it and put it up this week and had to do some rearranging around the room. Here's the finished look.
It's intended to help spice up their writing. At the bottom of each strip is the common word that they typically overuse. As the colors get deeper in shade, the words become more complex. I hope this does well.