Friday, February 24, 2012

Career Day

So today was "Career Day" at school.  We didn't have guest speakers or anything, the kids just got to dress up as what they want to be when they grow up.  Most of them were doctors, lawyers, nurses, professional athletes, etc. We even had a few Moms & a pet trainer.

I wish I had my camera to get a picture of the pet trainer. The only thing he had done to dress up was wear a flamingo hat.  Yes, you read that correctly, there was a flamingo on his head.  When he first walked him, I jokingly asked him if he aspired to be a flamingo one day (he's one of the few that I can joke around with and he understands). He answered back, yes. :)  What a goof.  Well, I just laughed and let it slide. Then during Guided Reading, right before lunch, I looked up from the table I was at and was looking out at the class.  I saw Richie bobbing his head up and down so that the flamingo head would bounce in front of his face.  That in itself was hilarious, but what made it even better was the fact that at the exact moment that I looked over, the flamingo flew up and hit him in the eye!  Haha!  He wasn't hurt at all but I busted out laughing and he did too.  No one else saw it and the whole class looked at us like we were crazy.  It was definitely the highlight of my day.

I'm also looking forward to the weekend. I've already finished with my plans for next week and I'm going to the movies with some of my teammates.  It'll be a great weekend.  Better gear up for report cards next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment