Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First Week

It's been a great start to the year so far.  I love my kiddos and we are having a ball!  Just wanted to share a few reasons why I love my job:

Monday morning before school started, I was standing outside showing my kids where to line up when a parent from two years ago (my intern year) came to say hi.  She told me that she was talking with her son Trevor that morning about the coming year (as a sixth grader!!).  She asked if he was excited for a fantastic new year.  His answer was this: "I think it will be a good year but nothing could beat the year with Miss Wiser."  When she told me, I nearly started crying!  That totally made my day and I love hearing that my students enjoy being in my class.  I love having them and getting to know each one individually so to hear that I've made such a difference just makes me so happy.

The last three days I've seen so many past students and it's been so fun.  I run into them all over the school and they all say hi and some give me the biggest hugs.  I feel like such a celebrity when I'm with the other third grade teachers and all these kids come to say hi to me!  It's just such a rewarding feeling.

And last story for today.  I went to lunch with a team member this afternoon and as we waited for our food, I met one of my parents for this year.  She said her little boy is already loving this year and she's so excited for him to be in my class.  I'm not sure what I did to make an impression in the first three days but somehow he thinks its already going to be a great year.

The other day I realized that nearly half of our third grade belongs in one of my two Chinese classes (about 50 out of 110)!  That's a lot of kids!!  There may be ups and downs to teaching in the dual immersion program but one of the things I love most is being able to meet so many interesting kids.  They are so adorable and make it all worthwhile. (P.S.  I think I have all their names down already too!  What a miracle!)

Here's to hoping tomorrow's Back To School Night is a success! And pictures from my first day.


No comments:

Post a Comment