Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Third Day!!

School has gone so well the last three days.  The kids are great and are going to be a lot of fun this year.  and they're all SUPER smart.  :)  We got our badges last Friday and I was so excited.  I'm officially a teacher!  Here it is:


 Oh and when I showed up on the first day, I found this beautiful arrangement on my desk with a note saying "good luck on the first day."  It's from Jennifer, my facilitator (mentor teacher).  She's such a sweetheart!


All ready for the kids to arrive!!  :)  Almost time.



Well, I made it through the first day!  And I'm still smiling...

Another cute little treat from Jennifer...found this on my desk during lunch on the first day:


I was so surprised how SORE I was after that first day.  My legs and lower back were so sore it hurt to stand, sit, or lay down by the time I got home that night.  After a good night's sleep though, I felt just fine for the next day.

The second day was just as great.  Kids were a little more talkative but still a bunch of sweethearts.  We did a bunch of walking around the school, learning where things were, and making sure we knew what procedures were  required in each place.  We also played a few games and they loved it.  Oh and during lunch, some guy from the district came to fix my computer because the CD drive was broken when I got it, and he took it WITH him.  So I'm now using a loaner computer and I don't have any of my plans for the rest of the week.  So I have to re-type them all up each night.  It's kinda a bummer.  I can't wait to get mine back.

Today was a good day as well.  We got started on math and reading and played a few games.  We also spent time finishing up things they hadn't finished the last two days (math pre-test, learning styles surveys, all about me book, etc.)  I'm not sore anymore but I am SO exhausted.  I'm going to finishing typing up tomorrow's plans and then head to bed.

Love you all!  I'll keep you updated :)

3 comments:

  1. Sure do love YOU, Miss Wiser! So glad to read of your days in 4th grade. LoVe LoVe LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... what did you put on the cabinet doors. I think they are bees - but what do they say? You are sooooo clever. I love seeing your room. Hope you have your computer back by now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet doors do have little bees on them w/each letter of the alphabet. This is where the "word wall" will be. Any words that we learn in math, science, or social studies, or any other tricky words will be up here. Once the word goes on the wall, they will always be responsible for spelling it correctly.

    And I DOOO have my computer back now!!

    ReplyDelete